CTSW Stabilator Gap Seal Question

Jim Meade

My 2007 CTSW shows tape residue marks which indicates there was at one time a gap seal on the underside of the stabilator at the trim tab hinge join.  I looked in the parts manual and didn't see a reference to a gap seal.

My plane has Bowlus tape on the top side of that hinge.  That's a different issue.

Can anyone confirm for me that there are mylar gap seal on the underside of the stabilator on the 2007 CTSW?  If so, I'm assuming it was the same type of installation and material as used by gliders, which I am familiar with.

It's Bowlus, named after the inventor, not bolus, which is a kind of pill one gives to large animals "bolus: [ bo´lus ] 1. a rounded mass of food or pharmaceutical preparation ready to be swallowed, or such a mass passing through the gastrointestinal tract. 2. a concentrated mass of pharmaceutical preparation, e.g., an opaque contrast medium, given intravenously or swallowed. 3. a mass of scattering material, such as wax or paraffin, "

There's nothing wrong with using the right term.

4 hours ago, Jim Meade said:

It's Bowlus, named after the inventor, not bolus, which is a kind of pill one gives to large animals "bolus: [ bo´lus ] 1. a rounded mass of food or pharmaceutical preparation ready to be swallowed, or such a mass passing through the gastrointestinal tract. 2. a concentrated mass of pharmaceutical preparation, e.g., an opaque contrast medium, given intravenously or swallowed. 3. a mass of scattering material, such as wax or paraffin, "

Sounds like you are getting ready for a colonoscopy😁

Their going two use there bolus on too sides.  ;)