F2 Certified

CTB

I have received update on my F2 that I have ordered while ago. It could be delivered maybe next summer / late summer. They also say that by that time the new Certified F2 could be available. I didn't received any specifications, weight, speed, etc. on the certified version yet. The price is significantly higher then "regular" LSA F2 ( that I will try to convert to experimental and IFR).

Can somebody explain in plain English what is the advantage of certified vs "regular" LSA? 

Thanks

Bob

Certified is part 23, can go to nearly any country in the world (some places don't allow experimental and LSA). You use FAA maintenance and modification protocols, and IFR is possible assuming you have the appropriate instruments and as long as there are no approved airworthiness limitations probibiting it.

You can go IFR with experimental once you go through a few small hoops.

Not sure about the terminology and spelling. English is my 4th language. The web site says F2 CS23 Certified so I went with that.

I was more interested of any advantages like useful load or whatever. Still no word from the dealer about the specs. I don't plan to fly to other countries besides the Bahamas. As I said, I want to convert it to the experimental. It will have all required IFR instruments. 

Thanks

Certified/certificated mean the same thing for the most part in common US Aviation English. The FAA's lawyers make a distinction that nothing is "certified", rather, they "certificate" everything. Perhaps there's some deep legal difference, but for the purpose of this discussion I wanted to avoid that distinction.

• 4 months later...