Jump to content

Clamps and clamping tools

Recommended Posts

Here are a few pictures of proper clamps, clamp pliers and a constant compression clamp plier.


(These blankety blank pictures are not in order!!!)


(pictures 1 & 7) The first picture is the better type of screw clamp. It is a positive gripping clamp and will not skip or slip like the one pictured in the last picture on the left. The one on the left shouldn't be used on our aircraft. If over tightened they do slip and loose there tension. The first picture of the a screw clamp has raised ribs to make it a stronger clamp.


(pictures 2 & 3) Here is a picture of an Oetiker band clamp set of pliers. The one on the left can grip from the front or the side. the one on the right can only grip from the front. I find them both useful. Picture 4 is an assortment of Oetiker one eared band clamps from Chads Toobox. It comes with one set of crimping pliers. (Hopefully I will be an Oetiker dealer soon so I can help you all out.)


(picture6) This is a picture of a Band Clamp Tool. These clamps come in different sizes. You see them from the factory on our fire sleeve and on some of the fuel lines. It ratchets down the looped end nice and tight. It cuts the metal end off. And for Pete's sake please roll the ends over on don't leave them stick up or out to cut you to the bone like the factory. Also roll the ends on any safety wire so you don't get a hypodermic puncture of who knows what in your hand.


(picture 4) here is a picture of constant compression pliers with a remote cable. This is extremely helpful in removing and positioning those constant compression clamps on your coolant hose. They are a must in many applications. They are expensive through Rotax and about $40 -$60 on line.


(picture 5) This picture is of three different sized hose pinch pliers. You do not need to drain the fuel from the tanks many times or drain other fuel lines. You only need to pinch the line and these are made just for that purpose. They are flat smooth jawed and won't hurt your fuel lines unless the lines are 10 years old and hard, but we won't go there.








Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

If you need to use screw type clamps these are the ones you need to use. The one clamp is a fuel injection type "G" clamp. This is the one that looks like it has a nut on one end.

The other clamp has raised ridges for a positive grip that won't slip. Our oil hoses and fuel site tubes use the fuel injection type "G".

Here is a link for the fuel injection type "G".




Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...