Numbers are not displayed on Press Alt on the gtx327 screen.

S.J.YOON

Well, you are right. I thought this unit had an internal barometer like many do.

SJYoon, all of the following only applies if you have a Dynon D100 EFIS.

The EFIS will be the encoder. Section 4.2 of the garmin GTX 327 installation manual Rev K has the pinouts and configuration information for altitude encoding for the transponder. Page 3.8 of the Dynon D100 EFIS installation manual Rev H has the information for the EFIS side of the encoder connection.

9 hours ago, Anticept said:

"ALT" 모드(모드 C)가 아니라 "켜짐" 모드(모드 A)에 있습니다. 내부 고도계가 있습니다. ALT라고 표시될 때까지 ALT 버튼을 길게 누릅니다.

또한 미국 전단지의 경우 1200은 VFR입니다.

9 hours ago, Anticept said:

It's in "on" mode (mode A), not "ALT" mode (mode C). It has an internal altimeter. Press and hold the ALT button until it says ALT

Also, for US flyers, 1200 is VFR

Same in ALT mode. Thank you for your reply.

6 hours ago, Anticept said:

네 말이 맞아. 나는 이 단위가 많은 사람들처럼 내부 기압계를 가지고 있다고 생각했습니다.

SJYoon, Dynon D100 EFIS가 있는 경우에만 다음 사항이 모두 적용됩니다.

EFIS가 인코더가 됩니다. Garmin GTX 327 설치 설명서 Rev K의 섹션 4.2에는 응답기의 고도 인코딩에 대한 핀아웃 및 구성 정보가 있습니다. Dynon D100 EFIS 설치 매뉴얼 Rev H의 3.8페이지에는 엔코더 연결의 EFIS 측에 대한 정보가 있습니다.

I have an EFIS D100.
I'll have to check the wiring.
Thank you.
I live in korea.
Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable flight.

He has the D100, which has a compatible encoder internally and can be sent straight to the garmin unit without an intermediate.

The other part I didn't mention is that I previously thought the garmin used external encoders first before falling back to an internal baro, which it doesn't have.

Anyways @S.J.YOONoone last thing, read both manual sections first. There is some configuration that you should check before digging into the wiring. Section 5.2 of the gtx 327 describes how to access the hidden config menus, see 5.2.5 for the serial config. It's probably set to icarus. If it is, set on the efis: format 4, 9600 baud, in the ALTENC menu.

Honestly those serial outputs wont damage anything if they haven't already. It just changes the communication protocol.

More than likely the D100 got its brain scrambled which randomizes some of the settings. I have seen that happen twice. Not sure what causes it.

But that said it could also have been a student getting too touchy with settings they shouldn't.

5 hours ago, Anticept said:

He has the D100, which has a compatible encoder internally and can be sent straight to the garmin unit without an intermediate.

The other part I didn't mention is that I previously thought the garmin used external encoders first before falling back to an internal baro, which it doesn't have.

Anyways @S.J.YOONoone last thing, read both manual sections first. There is some configuration that you should check before digging into the wiring. Section 5.2 of the gtx 327 describes how to access the hidden config menus, see 5.2.5 for the serial config. It's probably set to icarus. If it is, set on the efis: format 4, 9600 baud, in the ALTENC menu.

Thank you for your kind and detailed explanation.
I'll check the D100 settings this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...