Leaning When Parked

SkyrangerRich

Also need to look at the axle tube assy,  it can also be bent as well. Be aware that a new one is about 5 degrees different angle than the original. When I first bought my CT I had the same issue. I ended up changing the angle of the axle tube assy on the one I didn't change to get the plane level.

5 minutes ago, SkyrangerRich said:

Thanks. Could have sworn I’d read about wedges or something that could be used to adjust the angle of the UC legs. 

Will need to have a look and try and see where any potential bend is. 

Tom is right, most likely it's a bent gear leg. It's a common problem on an SW as they are easy to drop in on a flare.

1 hour ago, SkyrangerRich said:

Thanks. Could have sworn I’d read about wedges or something that could be used to adjust the angle of the UC legs. 

Will need to have a look and try and see where any potential bend is. 

If you have Matco brakes, then you can adjust alignment with wedges. 

37 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

If you have Matco brakes, then you can adjust alignment with wedges. 

I have matco but that won't level the plane with a bent gear leg. It's only meant for camber and toe-in. I thing he was trying to compensate for a bent leg.

That’ll be what I’m remembering, thanks. 
Need to try and measure the lean, it’s not bad and I don’t think it’s getting worse. It’s been like this since I bought it a few years ago. 

It had new legs fitted not long before I bought it. I wonder if it was just fitted poorly. 

4 hours ago, SkyrangerRich said:

That’ll be what I’m remembering, thanks. 
Need to try and measure the lean, it’s not bad and I don’t think it’s getting worse. It’s been like this since I bought it a few years ago. 

It had new legs fitted not long before I bought it. I wonder if it was just fitted poorly. 

Again look at the axle tubes or knuckles as some call them. They are made from mild steel and will bend. My CT had a slight lean after I replaced the gear legs until I corrected the axle tube issue.