Flap breaker?

Chuck

I've noticed that a lot of the CT's have a large square button on the right side of the lower center panel marked 'flap fuse' - mine doesn't have that.  I also don't see a breaker in the right panel marked as flaps.  Is it possible that my flaps are un-fused?  Or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

I too was thinking why there is no flap breaker for the flaps right where all the fuses are …  should you have a “runaway” flap problem then the master switch OFF would take care of it but you would lose avionics etc..  

Am I mistaken- I thought the square button was for the “reset” or used for flap programming 

Where is the “button” we press to reprogram the flap -- that’s probably why I couldn’t get mine to reprogram - I was pressing the breaker lol 

EDIT :   Attached pic is the auxiliary control switch to adjust the flaps up and down (sw2 as mentioned in the maint manual for programming)   It says to press sw1 to save the settings into memory.   This seems to be my error or lack of a step.   What or where is this button sw1 that saves into memory the setting?   On the maint manual diagram it looks like there is a separate switch or button attached to the flap board but i cant see anything on flap board for this.   I tried pressing the center of this aux control switch (thinking maybe the center had a button???)   Didnt work.   Thanks for any help on this. :) 

Flap  Switch.JPG

10 hours ago, Anticept said:

That's not a good thing, one should be installed ASAP. There's a risk of severe damage without circuit protection.

That was my thinking.  I just don't know why it came that way from the factory.

Chuck, is your airplane an E-LSA or S-LSA?  Is it possible the previous owner deleted the flap breaker or otherwise modified the circuit?  Maybe look around behind the panel and see if an inline fuse or other form of circuit protection might be hiding back there...

Mine is an SLSA - I haven’t seen anything in the logbooks about messing with the flaps but I’ll look again. I can also reach out to the previous owner and see if he knows anything about not having that flap breaker button. So the general consensus is that all CTSW’s usually have that big square breaker on the lower center panel from the factory?

The electrical on FD is horrible. On my CT the lower panel main switch gets power from the 25 amp breaker,  it's then daisy chained to the switches,  then each switch goes to the breaker and then to the appliance. That's backwards,  if there is a short prior to the breaker on any of the switches either the wire burns or the 25 amp breaker pops shutting down all power. The original breackets all have spade connectors which is very poor. I changed all my electrical to what is standard for aircraft. There should be two buss bars, one for avionics and one for everything else with avionics having a separate breaker. That's one reason to go ELSA.