Float installation sling point

On 5/19/2023 at 11:14 PM, Anticept said:

Support under the wings and a tail weight. maintenance manual tells you where the jack points are.

Corey,, I checked some CT manuals and did not find anything about jack points....do you have a link please ?

I,m sure Murray won't mind showing some pictures....as I know the plane from day one,  I have some

Before... like any other SW ...after  few pictures attached ...but for ..during installation... it's to Murray to decide

CT amphib flying.jpg

CT amphib wing install.JPG

Huh i thought they were in there. Maybe it was a service document.

Anyways, the wing skin is very thin and you can crush the core, so when it's jacked, it needs to have a large pad supporting under the spar. Even a ladder is fine, but you need to have that padding. A couple thick towels work. It will want to rest on the skin just aft of the spar because that sits a little lower than the spar itself.

Just inboard of the inspection holes on the underside of the wing are ribs. Those are the best places to jack.

Thanks for the replies.   It was a long trip and I must admit that before I left I hired an instructor to do a few circuits as it took awhile to get comfortable with the plane.   The plane was great for cross country.  I love the long range and economy.   I have a lancair as well but the ct is fast enough to satisfy.  After three 8 hour days i made it home safe and sound.   Then when I was taking a friend for a ride the low fuel alarm started flashing.   I checked tbe fuel lines and found three fuel lines I could pull off with my fingers.   The 5 year rubber was just done prior to the purchase.   I suppose I got lucky.   I changed the clamps that were crimped on but loose.  otherwise everything is great and I really like the plane    I pick up the amphibious floats next week and will install them asap    I’m happy to have this site to learn about the plane and I’ve spent a lot of time reading posts    
Murray

not the case, wings were off because the plane was stored for 1 1/2 years....few times...the former owner don't remember how the floats were installed first time,,it was over 15 years ago.....and that was done by a technician that came from Ukraine

Airtime Aviation should know how to do it