Skyview installation

Jim Meade

1. Is there an LOA on replacing the D100/120 system with the SkyView? If so, where is it?

2. Have any of you replaced the D100/120 with the SkyView? Any particular problems or tips?

Jim, the LOA is like a 337 for standard category aircraft. Just like the 337 it is best to have paperwork in hand before starting the work so you can keep your airplane legal to fly. Get with you mechanic and decide on what changes you want to make, then fill out the LOA form. Forward the form to Flight Design and they will give approval including instructions on how they want the installation done. There will likely be a fee for the approval, and most approvals are for a specific airplane. At least this is how I understand the system is supposed to work. Tom

2. Have any of you replaced the D100/120 with the SkyView? Any particular problems or tips?

The original owner of my CTLS had the upgrade done a year ago by LOCKWOOD AVIATION in Sebring. I'd suggest you call them with any questions or concerns 863.655.5100

I have never done one and there have only been 1 or 2. Lockwood will be able to tell you. They did one and said it was fairly involved. They would be the best place to get so hard facts. When I talked to them they told me about the one they did.

I have never done one and there have only been 1 or 2. Lockwood will be able to tell you. They did one and said it was fairly involved. They would be the best place to get so hard facts. When I talked to them they told me about the one they did.

I can do it and the price will be competitive. Let me know if you would like a quote

You can give me a quote if you'd like. You can post here or PM if you prefer. I am going to buy the Dynon before their offer expires and I have to return the EFIS and EMS by the end of October.

I'm replacing the D100 and D120 with two Skyview displays. I'd prefer 10" but may have to settle for 7". I'm getting the LOA request ready.

Replace Tru Trak autopilot with Dynon.

Replace the KT 76A with the Dynon transponder.

I have an iPad with Foreflight.

Will replace the KY 97A with a Garmin SL30.

Will add T to the comm antenna line so I can plug in my handheld comm radio

Will likely only go with one ADHARS

I don't think I'll have to add or modify any comm antennas but will have to install a nav antenna.

UPDATE

There is not a LOA for the 10 inch Skyview, however I can get one for $150. The circuit breakers will have to be move down where the right map holer is below the EMS. This will be the bomb, but it will be a little more pricy than the 7 inch.

here is the LOA for the 7 inch

10 05 05 FD Manufacturer Approval all CTSW_CTLS SkyViewe7 installation.pdf

Archived