Possible fuel starvation?

Chuck

I also had a scare this past sat had a new passenger never been in small plane, run up

was good take off was normal. until 800 ft. EGT left side jumped 125 degrees engine

started to sound a little funny, turned back to runway left side went totally cold only

running on right side. Had 10 gallons on each side, landed engine was running fine after

touchdown went back to hanger ran wide open with no issues. EGT were back to normal. I

just new it was trash in left carb. nope nothing clean. So I have  now blown out all fuel lines replaced

pump, never saw any thing come out of any hoses, so not sure WTF happened. Rebuilt

carbs today all new stuff new needles floats arms o rings gaskets started right up ran good.  Will

try it again Friday.

2 hours ago, Anticept said:

It was mainly to reply to procharger to point out maybe he had stuck floats. It's the same way that they can stick while sitting on the ground, overflow, and fill a cylinder.

I had that happen, but the fuel spilled out the back of the carb, through the airbox, and down the engine side of the firewall.  Engine was running fine and even ran up okay, I only Noticed it about 30 seconds before takeoff by the fuel smell.  🙃 

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up info. tried to fly again and 3000 RPM check was a little off, one second

it was good then try again running ruff. Not the same issue I had before numbers on

EGT were ok just not smooth. So I have replaced ign. switch and have flown 3 times

with no problems. so far. All readings are better than they have ever been EGT are within

3 degrees never been that close under power. Time will tell but so far so good. The old switch

was kind of sloppy and lose key would fall out in any position new switch is crisp and tight in

all positions. New switch is $382.00 in case anyone wanted to know price.

• 2 months later...