Top cowling

procharger

Always pull all of the screws so they are fully extended before doing anything else.

Now, pull on the sides of the cowling by the screws and spin them a bit; the goal is to release any that are still catching the edges. Once it pops free go to the other side and do the same, then lift it up and away.

When puting it on, place it down and make sure the top screws catch. Go to each side and set the screws as close to the slots as you can, and start slapping the top and bottom cowl so it shifts a little. Once the screws all catch, start by setting the top 5 screws first, then work your way back from the spinner, the back corners being the last screws to set.

Release all the 1/4 turn fasteners.  On one side or the other. "pop" the lower cowling to release the upper on that side.  Grasp the upper on the free side and lift it slightly, then shake it to release the other side.  

Installing, make sure the upper cowling is fitted to the lower cowling and inlets properly.  I start with the upper middle fastener to establish a base point,, then start at the nose on one side and work back, then do the fasteners near the windshield on that side.  Repeat on other side.

I don't think it makes a lot of difference.  Do what works for you.

I don't feel the need to relieve any holes and would be very reluctant to do so.

• 3 months later...