Oshkosh 2023 MVFR Fisk Arrivial

Skunkworks85

We drove to Oshkosh on Monday and just before we got in I could see what appeared to be a line of ultralights, gyros and all kinds of contraptions flying one after another in a pattern - I believe these to be demo rides and the like from the ultralight field - I remember wondering to myself “that looks awfully close with hardly any room for error” …. 
Today looks like there was a collision on that very pattern between a gyro and some kind of ultralight with two fatalities  …

https://pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/osh-aircraft-down-south-of-ultralight-area.143857/

With all that crazy traffic ( both on arrivals and during the show ) it is amazing how well everyone is managing and we don’t see more of these types of tragedies.

We did the Portage/Endeavor transition on Sunday. My son and I were flying a couple slower airplanes, that couldn't maintain 90 knots. I had a Grumman overtake us, passing about 100 foot above us. I didn't see him until he appeared in the top of my windshield. There were a few others that passed us, but they passed to the side with plenty of clearance. Someone if the flight behind us almost got run over by one of the Aeroshell T6's. He exited the runway at a high rate of speed in his Thorp T-18. I think some of the controllers had some issues this year.

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

We did the Portage/Endeavor transition on Sunday. My son and I were flying a couple slower airplanes, that couldn't maintain 90 knots. I had a Grumman overtake us, passing about 100 foot above us. I didn't see him until he appeared in the top of my windshield. There were a few others that passed us, but they passed to the side with plenty of clearance. Someone if the flight behind us almost got run over by one of the Aeroshell T6's. He exited the runway at a high rate of speed in his Thorp T-18. I think some of the controllers had some issues this year.

I saw your son taxi the tayorcraft to vintage.  Looking good as always.