Engine mount question

Bill3558

I recently had the pleasure of Mad Hatter visiting my hanger and he pointed something out to me that’s been bugging me since. The spinner and cowling don’t align properly. See pic. There is about a quarter inch vertical gap between the spinner and the cowling opening.  What do you guys think?  Should I leave well enough alone or do something about it?  

421F503E-EA48-4666-8ABA-0CC4F060FD0D.jpeg

14 hours ago, Bill3558 said:

Not to belabor the point, is this motor mounts slight distortion normal?  

47465AAF-D94D-4507-A40B-DEC71D5A6568.jpeg

That’s a lot of sag.  Mine look centered in the mount, I replace them every rubber change.  I have the same spinner you do, but the upper lip of my top cowl sits inside the spinner lip, not above it like yours is.  It looks to me like your engine has quite a bit of sag to it.

Like Tom said if it’s not rubbing, or causing any weird thrust line changes (requiring excessive trim) then it’s probably not a dangerous condition.  But when is your rubber change due?  I might let that go a year, probably not four years…

13 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

That’s a lot of sag.  Mine look centered in the mount, I replace them every rubber change.  I have the same spinner you do, but the upper lip of my top cowl sits inside the spinner lip, not above it like yours is.  It looks to me like your engine has quite a bit of sag to it.

Like Tom said if it’s not rubbing, or causing any weird thrust line changes (requiring excessive trim) then it’s probably not a dangerous condition.  But when is your rubber change due?  I might let that go a year, probably not four years…

Your CTSW and the CTLS use different mount rubbers.