small quality of life improvements: headsets, lid lifter

shiny.ice

41dbP8Ze28L._QL92_SH45_SS200_.jpg

bought these on Amazon for next to nothing. I mounted mine on the rear bulkhead between the headrests (CTSW). Work great and fold out of the way if you need them too. Mine came with the two sided sticky tape to mount also, which is what I’m using. They are listed under folding wall hooks or towel hooks.

12 hours ago, tevbax said:

Any chance you want to share print files? I made some headset holders but they have to be stowed before takeoff 

of course! Here's the headset file, let me know if you wanted something else.

https://www.printables.com/model/586843-lightspeed-aviation-headset-hanger

Thought about grabbing the brackets that Towner showed, but.. it was more fun to do this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, Ulmo133 said:

Thank you for sharing. It was one of my next subject to improve a little bit the interior ;)
Do you screw it or glue it ?
Do you use PLA or ABS ?

glued, most of the parts hold just fine with 3M VHB (especially the stuff meant for low energy plastic, can't remember what it's called, I can look it up if you want). The headset holders are attached with silicone glue. I may move them.

I use PETG.

7 hours ago, shiny.ice said:

glued, most of the parts hold just fine with 3M VHB (especially the stuff meant for low energy plastic, can't remember what it's called, I can look it up if you want). The headset holders are attached with silicone glue. I may move them.

I use PETG.

Thanks for the tips, I will try this.

For my headset hangers, I found some with the double sided tape commonly used for hooks and such that go on a door or wall. You can buy the tape separately at any hardware store. They have been held on this way for over a year with no issues. The best thing about the tape is to remove it, you simply pull a small tab on the tape and it easily comes off the mounting surface with little to no residue.