New CTSW owner in AZ

Junglejett

Hey!

We just picked up a 2007 CTSW and it will based in Goodyear. Who has one of these things in the state? Would appreciate joining the local community. The airplane will be primarily operated by our nonprofit, which is dedicated to the history of aviation in Arizona. We want to visit our historic airport, give rides, and do some photography. Does anyone have good recommendations on mounting a GoPro or similar to the exterior of the airplane? 

I am a professional pilot and also recently retired from the USAF Reserves. 

Thanks!

Tim

23 hours ago, Junglejett said:

Hey!

We just picked up a 2007 CTSW and it will based in Goodyear. Who has one of these things in the state? Would appreciate joining the local community. The airplane will be primarily operated by our nonprofit, which is dedicated to the history of aviation in Arizona. We want to visit our historic airport, give rides, and do some photography. Does anyone have good recommendations on mounting a GoPro or similar to the exterior of the airplane? 

I am a professional pilot and also recently retired from the USAF Reserves. 

Thanks!

Tim

You are in the literal best state for CT family.  Roger and Duane in Tucson, Eric Swisher in Bisbee, probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting.

I mount the GoPro on the bulkhead above, behind, and between the seats, which gives a good view of everything going on:

You can also mount under the wing with a suction cup or bolted to the tie-down ring.  I rarely do this, but have done it before.  You can also drill a hole in the clear inspection plate and mount an external USB battery with velcro inside the wing and you can get 8+ hours of standby/record time that way:

I used to mount my Gopro with just the suction cup out on the wing by the tie down. Gopro says the suction cup is good for 150 mph. It never fell off. The I used my Ipad to control the Gopro. Turn it on and off, still photos, video, ect... right from the cockpit. I put my Gopro out there so I could take videos without having any other part of the plane in the video. In some areas I filmed I would fly 115 knots at 10' off the ground. Stunning videos.