Hose from wing to fuse

GrassStripFlyBoy

I had to drill a hole from the inside of the cabin to access that clamp.  Like CoreyLee, I believe mine had a screw-style hose clamp.  I replace it with a fuel injection style hose clamp (not worm drive style) which had a hex head screw on it for tightening.

Not sure how to get that Oetiker style clamp out of there.  I usually use a small cut-off wheel on a Dremel tool.  Looks like that might be tight.  Otherwise, drill a hole through the cabin and use a carbide burr or small diameter stone to grind the clamp.

2 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Thanks much guys, was able to slip a medium screw driver between hose and clamp crimp area, twist a bit this and that way, and loosen to point where hose pulled off.  I like idea of access hole, but will probably use a hex screw on clamp and tighten up through the same access.

I've been out all day, so just getting to this party. I do exactly what you did with everyone I have done. I replace the Oetiker with a Norma fuel injection clamp. I replace the slot screw with a hex head screw. I have a tool called a Reach-it which looks like a ratchet, but it is a 90° 1/4" drive gearbox.

From the looks of it, with it having an Oetiker clamp I doubt that hose has ever been changed.

19 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

From the looks of it, with it having an Oetiker clamp I doubt that hose has ever been changed.

Thanks Tom, and I gave the smallest ratchet a shot, and realized without something along the lines of your Reach-it, going for an access hole was the path I'd take.

And looking at the condition of the rubber, I'm rather sure it's original or perhaps had one service some time ago.  My bird is an '06.  The date on sight tubes is '08, but that could have been older stock when installed.  Still lots of age to this.  Will do full service on the tank panels too, hardware doesn't look great, will freshen up everything here.

30 minutes ago, BravoFoxtrot said:

Isn't this what has been done to access the clamp?

And I saw this ages ago and forgot.  Probably a better plan to follow factory, however the tube is right up against that wall, where coming from the other side allows for more space to miss hitting anything critical.  Placing a small push plug in the hole, I can accept that.

I drill a hole in between the fuselage and the wing bulkhead when the wing is pulled out. The hole is 3/4" right over where the clamp is. I put a screwdriver in there and just simply pry off the old clamp and hose. Then when I replace the hose I use a fuel injection clamp and replace the crew with an allen head screw facing the hole. Then I have easy access to the clamp from now on with my 6" allen wrench. Makes life easy. When I'm done I place a piece of white Bolus tape over the hole.