2017 CTLS for sale

shiny.ice

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=FLIGHT+DESIGN&model=CTLS&listing_id=2425088&s-type=aircraft

In Oklahoma, 240 hours, $140k, looks like they just put an e-prop on it. Seems to be a ULS, not an iS. I think it was living in New Mexico, interesting that it went to Bisbee and is in OK but not at the Toms.

My pricing source says it's 9% overvalued.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering it is newer, very low time, has E-prop, etc - In my opinion it is top dollar, especially if carbureted engine.  I've seen fuel injection of same condition and hours for that price.  Is it a '16 or '17?  The hose change, chute repack, and rocket replacement will be timing out in coming years.  Perhaps $125k is the market when factoring everything.  There is a Jubilee (injected, upscale interior, special limited-edition) with 250 hours, mint condition and kept in climate-controlled hangar here in Michigan just hitting market, for this price point.

10 hours ago, shiny.ice said:

Definitely can get private!

Thanks, I have been training in C172’s and they are difficult to book for training due to high demand at the school I am in.

I am considering buying my own plane (CTLS or CTLSi seem a good option) to complete my training.

After getting my PP certificate (God Willing) I plan to use it as my new hobby to go places, best of all, my wife has been very supportive.

Best regards

JET

8 hours ago, Jorge E Trevino said:

Thanks, I have been training in C172’s and they are difficult to book for training due to high demand at the school I am in.

I am considering buying my own plane (CTLS or CTLSi seem a good option) to complete my training.

After getting my PP certificate (God Willing) I plan to use it as my new hobby to go places, best of all, my wife has been very supportive.

Best regards

JET

Long before LSA, I was kinda in the same boat with rentals for my training. Found a little Cherokee for a great price. While mechanically sound, it was ugly! That’s why it was cheap. Finished my ppl in it then flew it another 800 hours with the family. Then I sold it for substantially more than I bought it for!

Anyway, if you only need 2 seats, buying an LSA to finish in and keep after is the way to go! 

On 12/5/2023 at 3:59 AM, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Considering it is newer, very low time, has E-prop, etc - In my opinion it is top dollar, especially if carbureted engine.  I've seen fuel injection of same condition and hours for that price.  Is it a '16 or '17?  The hose change, chute repack, and rocket replacement will be timing out in coming years.  Perhaps $125k is the market when factoring everything.  There is a Jubilee (injected, upscale interior, special limited-edition) with 250 hours, mint condition and kept in climate-controlled hangar here in Michigan just hitting market, for this price point.

Hi Darrell,

Is this Jubilee fuel injected aircraft already on the market? I have been checking in Trade a plane, controller, etc. and haven’t found it. Is it posted somewhere else?

Regards.

I don't think it's easy to just up the gross weight after all the certification is done especially with our FAA. I am a bit involved with a battery company with getting an  aircraft approved on their STC and you would not believe the incredible incompetence with the FAA process.

As far as your 30lbs over gross I don't think anyone is going to pull you out of the plane and put you on a scale and I don't think the aircraft will notice or care. I believe the CT is built and tested to a much higher gross weight for other countries but our LSA is 1320. BUY IT.

15 hours ago, Jorge E Trevino said:

What about the approx. cost to repack BRS and replacement of engine hoses? The plane I am looking at is at or near replacement time.

thanks for the insight.

jet

I don’t know the costs, but there are some very recent posts that include the costs

I have a couple of questions for the forum (I am still considering purchasing a CTLS or CTLSi):

1. Can you request and get flight following on XC flights with these planes? I just started using this service as part of my XC training for my PP certificate (been flying C172 with two radios). 

2. I understand the rear luggage compartments are quite small, can you fit golf bags?

thanks.

Yes, you can get flight following.

I had a customer who put a travel bag of clubs in his CTLS. They were loaded by removing the seat and passing through the bulkhead. There is a cloth back to the baggage compartment that you might need to pull up and let the stick back a little farther. Just make sure they are tied down.