Interactive Checklist....

Junglejett

Hey!

I built an interactive checklist for our T-33 and thought about making one for the CTSW we just got. We also use ours for what the USAF calls and Inflight Guide. Its really a bunch of nice to know stuff that is quick at the finger tips. They are good for local area information, freqs, etc.

I know the CT's do not have an extensive checklist but it was nice using the one on the CTLS (Dynon) I flew for my check out.

Attached is a copy of our T-33 one. The tabs are interactive as are some of the items in the check list. Example: In the cruise and airwork checklist, click on the red button, it will take you to the engine failure checklist. Right above, there is a yellow box around the "not venting"...click it. It will take you to the checklist if the fuel IS venting.

Thoughts about what I should have included. Maybe where good mogas is, or a good restaurant is, links....

Anyone care to share their personal checklist.

T-33 ACTIVE PDF.pdf

• 5 weeks later...

I made my own easy to read checklists from the ones published in the POH.  In my opinion, those are too lengthy and repetitive to be commonly used.  If not used, they might as well be left in the book.  I also found several commercially available ones to include too many steps/items that do not apply.  If you're skipping one thing, it is possible to skip others.  Since they are my own, I can easily update or modify them and my only cost is to have them laminated as I arrive at a stable version.  Emergency lists get a bold red border so they are easy to find.  Thse are punched in the corner and placed on a large key ring.  The whole ring resides in the side pocket, an easy reach away once in the air.  On the ground they guide me from startup to final shut down.  To the point, I recently updated my Start Checklist to remind me to put on my strobes (if appropriate) and my Shut Down checklist to remind me to take off the parking brake so I can maneuver the plane into the hangar.  

On 1/11/2024 at 9:07 AM, EricB said:

I made my own easy to read checklists from the ones published in the POH.  In my opinion, those are too lengthy and repetitive to be commonly used.  If not used, they might as well be left in the book.  I also found several commercially available ones to include too many steps/items that do not apply.  If you're skipping one thing, it is possible to skip others.  Since they are my own, I can easily update or modify them and my only cost is to have them laminated as I arrive at a stable version.  Emergency lists get a bold red border so they are easy to find.  Thse are punched in the corner and placed on a large key ring.  The whole ring resides in the side pocket, an easy reach away once in the air.  On the ground they guide me from startup to final shut down.  To the point, I recently updated my Start Checklist to remind me to put on my strobes (if appropriate) and my Shut Down checklist to remind me to take off the parking brake so I can maneuver the plane into the hangar.  

Eric, can you share your list? Even privately if you don't want to be scrutinized by the world.

Here's list I use, and welcome scrutiny / input.  My view is to capture things that are meaningful but yet keep it concise.  Many items are not included, for example on preflight I'm checking all the rod ends, hardware on flaps / ailerons, spinner fasteners, among a lot of other things.  One can write a book around a checklist, my take is to have it capture the more critical aspects or things I neglect that can be a distraction.  How many of us have taken off without turning on the headset ANR, then right on takeoff roll and climb out it becomes a distraction.  Those little things can be a link in the proverbial chain of events. 

Gear means the fasteners are tight on wheel pants.  Tires means inflation.  

image.png.1e07112872b3d11a8204ec4598838d0e.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd mention, I updated the Before Takeoff checklist to include:

Oil Temp 120 F Min

before the engine runup.

This usually isn't an issue at my home base as I have a bit of a taxi to get to any runway or runup area.  But, at smaller fields, you might get there while the oil is still not up to temp.