HAND CONTROLS WANTED

Boise Bob

Folks...Boise Bob here.  I need hand controls for my 2016 CTSW.  

My right leg has just been amputated so I am seeking these to fulfill my lifetime desire to become a pilot. 

Flight Design is not manufacturing them, but Tiffany (parts) believes their may be some still in the market.

So...If you have some complete and fully functional, I'm a buyer.  Likewise, if you know someone please refer them to me.

HUSH.    bobpedersen@msn.com 

208-602-1740

Thank you.  Bob

Wondering if that is FAA requirement or your preference on controls?  With CT’s already having hand brakes, it’s possible to work peddles with one foot.  When it’s hot I sometimes hang left leg out the door during taxi, and use right foot to work either peddle.  Maybe not recommended for flight, sharing if it may help you.

Even if Airtime doesn't have one, they should be able to get drawings. You could have one made that way.

It might be worthwhile to check with Able Flight. I think early on they had a CT leased with hand controls.

You might be able to get by with a stirrup on the pedal for your good leg Pushing and pulling. If you can't handle the pushing and pulling with one leg, you could add a lever connected to the rudder pedals. You would also want to add a brake handle on the stick and a throttle control on the handle for the rudders.