Sun and Fun 24 - April 9 - 14

tevbax

Anyone headed to Sun and Fun? We're heading down from Wisconsin, and looking for some hangar space closer to the east coast of Florida around that time. A friend and I are looking to do several Bahamas crossings (together, with significant others etc) and looking for a hangar to store our airplane for a week or two while we shuffle passengers. 

Mike

On 2/22/2024 at 1:35 PM, Tom Baker said:

When are you headed down? I haven't advertised it yet, but our EAA chapter is hosting an eclipse viewing event on April 8th. It would be a worthwhile layover on your way down. 

Wife and I are leaving the 7th but that may be a really fun excuse to delay a day! 

We are not right on the center of the path, but we are supposed to have about 3 minutes 45 seconds of totality. Unlike our neighboring airport we are not charging a crazy parking fee. We will allow primitive camping on site. Our bathrooms have showers, but you need to bring your own toiletries. We will have lunch available on the 8th.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2024 at 4:45 PM, Tom Baker said:

We are not right on the center of the path, but we are supposed to have about 3 minutes 45 seconds of totality. Unlike our neighboring airport we are not charging a crazy parking fee. We will allow primitive camping on site. Our bathrooms have showers, but you need to bring your own toiletries. We will have lunch available on the 8th.

Good possibility we will be swinging in! Well, depending on the weather. Any MoGas on the field by chance? 

40 minutes ago, tevbax said:

Good possibility we will be swinging in! Well, depending on the weather. Any MoGas on the field by chance? 

The car gas in our tank is getting a little old, but I could probably pick up some fresh in jugs.

8 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

The car gas in our tank is getting a little old, but I could probably pick up some fresh in jugs.

No worries!  I planned on buzzing over to KTEL to fuel up. Worst comes to worst, 100LL. It'll end up getting 100LL at some point during this trip.