Extensive Repair estimate needed

Keith,

It might help to give a better description of the work, as different shops cover different areas... a mechanic that does annuals and upgrades might not do heavy Rotax work... a Rotax heavyweight may not be familiar with CTs... and few are capable of doing composite/airframe work.

Also, the location of the aircraft might help.

Just a thought...

Good Luck, 'sounds like a project.

Tim

Keith,

I am Rotax heavy cetified as well as FD carbon fiber repair certified.

I have a large commercial hangar located in Central Florida and I can come get the aircraft if necessary.

I repaired a CTLS this summer that was crashed by a student and flipped over with the windshield broken, gear folded, vertical and rudder damaged etc... ( too much to list ). It has since gone through a 100 HR insp last month. There are only a few shops in the country that can do this this kind of repair. I know Lockwood can do all repairs as well.

Today is Sunday and I am working 12 hours, let me know when a good time to call you. Thanks, Tad.

RMZ may be a very good shop and have all the experience necessary. But, are they Flight Design approved? I could be mistaken but, in order to remain S-LSA , I think FD has to approve method, materials and facility unless your repairs are covered in the maintenance manual. Since you state "extensive repair" I am thinking the MM does not cover this work. Or, if you are E-LSA you can do whatever you want.

RMZ may be a very good shop and have all the experience necessary. But, are they Flight Design approved? I could be mistaken but, in order to remain S-LSA , I think FD has to approve method, materials and facility unless your repairs are covered in the maintenance manual. Since you state "extensive repair" I am thinking the MM does not cover this work. Or, if you are E-LSA you can do whatever you want.

John,

All structural repairs must be drawn and sent from Flight Design. Only a FD trained A&P or CRS can do the repairs.

Archived