Radiator wear marks

When I wiped the grime off my radiator I found these wear marks on the end pieces. There is nothing inside the cowling that appears worn. I can’t imagine what caused this. The gouge is pretty deep. Any thoughts?

DA023FF4-3AFC-43A7-9739-C695119C7CA2.jpeg

That is from rubbing on the cowling. Check the shock mounts to see if they are sagging or cracked, and replace as needed. Sometimes an adjustment is needed. Also the radiator hose can cause issues, and push the radiator out farther than it should be.

I just had an A&P look at it.  He thinks I need to replace the radiator. I’ll get price and availability from FDUSA. 
he thinks I should add a couple of washers to the 4 bottom engine mounts to tip the engine up slightly. Do you all think that’s a good idea?  I’m concerned it might damage my steering mechanism. 

CDBB04C2-2A35-4189-8B2E-A65C6E2F3F87.jpeg

He just looked at it again and suggested I loosen the bottom mounts and remove two of the 4 washers on the top mount. Ten retighten everything. 
I’ll try that unless you guys see a problem with that. 
Thank you in advance for any suggestions or comments. 

It is hard to tell, but from the pictures it doesn't look like it needs replaced. The radiator from Rotax is $726. The oil cooler may be welded to the radiator, but since you have a CTLSi it might not be. If I were worried about it being too thin, I would have it welded to thicken it back up.

I would look at the position of the spinner compared to the cowling to decide on making any adjustments to the mount. If you add to the lower mount you will have to lengthen the rods for the steering the same amount to keep you rudder cable tension. The radiator can be adjusted independently of the motor mount.

You know thinking about it one of the CTLSi that I work on has had issues with the radiator mount getting loose and letting it rub, so I would look real close at that. 

You were correct Tom, the support on the pilot side was loose allowing the radiator to sag. Took the oil filter off to get access to it and tightened it up.
There was about a half inch gap between the top of the spinner and the cowling. I removed one washer from the top engine mount. I’ll see how it looks when I put it back together. 
Thanks for your help.