5 year hose replacement ?

27 minutes ago, procharger said:

I have a guy here who says you can do the hose job without pulling engine?? CTSW

You might be able to, but it's far easier to at least swing the engine away from the firewall.  During a rubber change you should be changing the engine mount isolators anyway, which requires disconnecting the ring mount from the firewall mount.

I have done hose changes without removing the engine, but not on a CT. In my opinion it will take less time to do the hose change with removing the engine. Also like Andy said you can't replace the engine isolators without removing it. 

Hose job?  Maybe.  Rubber job?  No.  You are not changing the hoses.  You are changing the rubber.  Just for starters, that includes the fuel pump, the carburetor sockets and the engine isolators.  

From Rotax-Owners forum, "The Rotax 5 year rubber replacement covers all fuel, oil and coolant lines. It covers any V-belt, carburetor diaphragm and carburetor rubber intake sockets and any other air intake rubber hose or tubing. With the new maintenance manual just out the fuel pump has been added as a replacement item too."

On 4/24/2024 at 6:47 AM, procharger said:

I have a guy here who says you can do the hose job without pulling engine?? CTSW

I have done it both ways on my CTSW. Removal is not difficult and it allows for replacement of engine isolators. I did my engine removal at the 2nd replacement (10 years) and did not see any visible evidence that the isolators needed to be replaced. Replaced them anyway of course.😎

I used to completely remove the engine. Now I do all the hoses I can without removing the engine. Then when I get to the point I need to get to the engine mounts or a hose on the back of the firewall I just swing it out about 18" from the left side. Works just fine and the hose change is easier and quicker and you still get to the engine mounts.

2 hours ago, procharger said:

If you pull engine away from firewall that to me is removing the engine just my 2 cents😄 Maybe not

to some people LOL

Yes, but he did say completely removing the engine. The way he describes doesn't require disconnecting all of the wiring.