Fuel dipstick differences?

We have a 2010 CTLS. I believe I’ve read that the CTSW has a left and right tank dipstick. Just want to confirm that the CTLS has a single dipstick for both tanks. 

CTSW fuel tanks are slightly different side to side, with a left and right dipstick. The CTLS tanks are supposed to be more uniform in shape, and the dip stick is gallons on one side and liters on the other.

Devon, what is the N number on your plane? 2005 and CTLS don't go together. The CTLS model was introduced a Sebring in January 2008. Knowing for sure what you have will make answering your questions easier.

If it is a CTSW dipstick, it will have an ear which you point to the wingtip of the tank being measured.  From the front of the wing, Read the scale on the side facing you.  When reading the other tank, the ear will face the other way - outboard on that wing.  One dipstick does both tanks.

The measurement markings  will be pretty close to the same.  The 17 on one side will be a little off of the 17 on the other side, but not dramatically.  If that is the case, it is a CTSW. 

If the measurement is gallons on one side and liters on the other, the numbers for liters will be about 3.8 greater than the obverse side label for gallons.  That is a CTLS.

FYI, the CTSW dipstick is a little thin and flimsy, and the inside curve where the "ear" flares out is too sharp and prone to cracking (mine did).  I made a copy by tracing the factory stick on a piece of 1/8" aluminum, making the inside curve more gentle, and cutting it out with a bandsaw.  It worked great and this thing will likely never crack.  I didn't graduate it with gallon markings because I wasn't really using those markings anyway, I just use it to open the tanks up. 

I do use the markings on the dipstick and find them to be pretty accurate.

I also know a guy, who happens to look a lot like me, that dropped his dipstick in the tank. It was no fun to get out. I added a steel bolt/nut into the hole on the dipstick. If it happens again, a magnet will easily pull it out.

I haven't dropped one, but I have added a 1/4" bolt and nut to a few just for that reason. I did have to fish out one of those acrylic tube fuel level things from a Cessna 152 fuel tank once. That was not fun. As soon as it was out two ty-wraps were added to keep it from being able to fall back in. 

The previous owner of my plane put a floaty wrist keychain on my fuel stick. It's large enough to be almost impossible to go through the opening and will hopefully be easier to retrieve than a flat black aluminum strip.

I took a length of boot strap and tied one end through the hole in the diptick, and made a loop on the other end with a slip knot so I can put my wrist through the loop and snug it over my wrist.  Even if I fumble finger it, it will not drop into the tank.

On 5/7/2024 at 8:53 AM, Tom Baker said:

CTSW fuel tanks are slightly different side to side, with a left and right dipstick. The CTLS tanks are supposed to be more uniform in shape, and the dip stick is gallons on one side and liters on the other.

Devon, what is the N number on your plane? 2005 and CTLS don't go together. The CTLS model was introduced a Sebring in January 2008. Knowing for sure what you have will make answering your questions easier.

Sorry, I own (2) 2005 cars, lol 

the CTLS is a 2010