EFIS D100 and CTPilot autopilot

Hi Wingmans,

ln my 2008 Ctls l have both D100 EFIS and ct pilot autopilot,( probably true track digiflight ll). I wonder if l can use both autopilots similtanously. How should l confıgure D100 to use altitude mod  on it.

Thanks 
Can

You will not have two autopilot systems installed. The TruTrak is a stand alone unit, and is not interfaced with the Dynon. The Dynon does have the ability to run an autopilot, but the autopilot function is likely not connected to anything. 

9 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

You will not have two autopilot systems installed. The TruTrak is a stand alone unit, and is not interfaced with the Dynon. The Dynon does have the ability to run an autopilot, but the autopilot function is likely not connected to anything. 

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your replay,

Strange situation indeed 

using SL-30 and HS34 unit can we perform radionavigation ? in this situation D100 will command auto pilot. isn't it?

I don't have experience with the HS34, but normally the GPS will drive the navigation on the TruTrak AP. There may be a connection between the SL-30 and the AP, and since the D-100 and HS-34 are used as the display and control for the nav portion of the radio that may be why the nav steering work with the AP. I still doubt that the AP controls on the Dynon will control the AP.

7 hours ago, Churel said:

using SL-30 and HS34 unit can we perform radionavigation ?

I would guess you can switch from your 496 as nav source to the SL-30 after capturing the localizer and see it all on the D100's HSI.  In order to drive the servos from the D100 you would have to rewire and would want to replace the CTpilot with a Dynon AP74 but they stopped making/selling them. Not sure if the Dynon will drive the existing servos. I upgraded to the Dynon skyview servos.

ı coudn't fine xCruze 110 Autopilot for Experimental Aircraft to purchase.

checked Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics  and all is out of stock. do yoıu know wher to find ?

4 hours ago, Churel said:

ı coudn't fine xCruze 110 Autopilot for Experimental Aircraft to purchase.

checked Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics  and all is out of stock. do yoıu know wher to find ?

It's out of stock everywhere, think it's been discontinued