Wing Tape - Good Methods?

Using the proper Bowlus wing tape from Cumulus Soaring on my wings and can't seem to get a decent-looking tape line. I start at the back of the wing working my way forward to make a bend around the leading edge. For the underside, cut to length and stick on the bottom, pushing the tape up the side of the fuselage until it hits the 90 degree transition to the wing. 

Bottom looks great, leading edge transition looks like hell. I'm using the 2in variety. 

I use 1" for everything. The issue with 1.5" or 2" is trying to wrap around bends and corners and keeping wrinkles and bunching up out. 1" tape is far easier to go around and then under the leading edge. Do not stretch the tape or it will eventually crack. Pull some out and just lay it down. No stretching. My tape last from wing pull to wing pull without any issues. I use Goo-Off to remove the old residue. I do the wing in one piece. I start on the top rear of the wing. The come forward and around the front edge then I use my little finger to guide the tape evenly to the wing and fuselage all the way back to the flap. I then apply a second layer to the leading edge. This is where wind pressure will cause an issue especially if you stretched it over the leading edge. I start about 10" on top and then come back underneath the leading edge about 8". This now makes a good solid protective barrier on the leading edge. I use 1" on the under fin and stab without any issues.

One other thing I do when putting it on the bottom of the wing is to make a line on the wing with regular masking tape 1/2" from the gap. I put the edge of the Bowlus tape right up against the edge of the masking tape, and push it over to the fuselage and down with a vinyl applicator. (a plastic spreader with a felt edge)