Tire Pressure

round_peg

New CT owners (since June). We finally got the wheel pants off and checked the tire pressure and found them all to be about ten pounds low (18-20 PSI instead of 29). We added pressure to spec and now we find the airplane is bouncier on landings. So we're considering reducing the pressure somewhat for a better grip. Any thoughts on tire pressure? These are the stock tundra tires.

Hi Mitch,

Leave the tire pressures up to 29-35 psi or you may be changing a flat from tire rotation and pulling the stem. Many have gone to the 35 psi on the smaller tires which is ok with FD. There should be less bounce with firm tires as there is less rebound from the rubber. It is landing technique that will cure the bounce. Hold it off longer and don't try to set it down as soon.

Hi Mitch,

Leave the tire pressures up to 29-35 psi or you may be changing a flat from tire rotation and pulling the stem. Many have gone to the 35 psi on the smaller tires which is ok with FD. There should be less bounce with firm tires as there is less rebound from the rubber. It is landing technique that will cure the bounce. Hold it off longer and don't try to set it down as soon.

I haven't flown it since the tire pressure was increased so this was entirely on the report of my partner. I'll tell him Roger Lee wants you to work on your technique. ;)

Archived