Flight Design F2

Tip

Agreed.  I am still holding out hope that they will get the F4 done.  IFR, 4 seats, turbo, 150 knots and 7 gallons per hour is about as good as it gets for me.(maybe air conditioning 😎)

I really don't have any desire to fly above 8K but Colorado is close enough that I'd like the ability to comfortably go there a couple times a year.

9 minutes ago, okent said:

Agreed.  I am still holding out hope that they will get the F4 done.  IFR, 4 seats, turbo, 150 knots and 7 gallons per hour is about as good as it gets for me.(maybe air conditioning 😎)

I really don't have any desire to fly above 8K but Colorado is close enough that I'd like the ability to comfortably go there a couple times a year.

Kent will this still be a LSA then? I'd love to have 4 seats, oh the storage opportunties!

1 hour ago, Animosity2k said:

Kent will this still be a LSA then? I'd love to have 4 seats, oh the storage opportunties!

If I understood it right, it will be both LSA and EASA/Part 23 certified. The Part 23 version might have some differences in airspeed and/or useful load and maybe 915 powered. I could be way off though. 

Kent

2 hours ago, KentWien said:

If I understood it right, it will be both LSA and EASA/Part 23 certified. The Part 23 version might have some differences in airspeed and/or useful load and maybe 915 powered. I could be way off though. 

Kent

That would be awesome, for some reason I thought the wording said a LSA cannot have more then two seats. I guess it must say the pilot cannot fly more then two passengers I guess rather then set a seating limitation on the aircraft. 

6 hours ago, SportFlyer1 said:

For an LSA they'd have to yank the back seats out and certify the MTOW at 1320lb, very similar to the Jabiru.

So does the LSA ruling say the plane cannot have more than two seats I'm guessing? I just thought it said that a light sport pilot could not carry more then two passengers. I didn't realize the Jaibru's had the rear two seats actually removed? Is that always the case?

23 minutes ago, Animosity2k said:

So does the LSA ruling say the plane cannot have more than two seats I'm guessing? I just thought it said that a light sport pilot could not carry more then two passengers. I didn't realize the Jaibru's had the rear two seats actually removed? Is that always the case?

A LSA by definition can be no more than a 2 place aircraft, pilot and one passenger.

1 hour ago, SportFlyer1 said:

Yep, the Jabiru was certified originally (in Brazil ?) as a 4 place at a higher MTOW. For the light sport, they removed all trace of the seats and declared it a really big cargo  area. It is a favorite for people hauling dogs. A nice plane, but never really caught on.

Interesting, thank you guys for clearing up my confusion now!