What kind of prop??

procharger

yes, your 'numbers' will be better  but to me,  less inertia and vibration are the big +.

a friend recently put one on his SW in Western Canada  here is what he wrote me:

'' 5700 rpm on the initial roll, 5400 at 65 with 15 flaps, 5350 at 80 zero flap, and 5500 at 100kts minus 12, with a 700fpm climb to 9000, 500fpm to 12500. 120+KT cruise at 2/3 throttle. Works better then the Kaspar''

the Kaspar is the IN FLIGHT ajustable that he had for 1300 hrs

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, opticsguy said:

Rather then start a new topic, is the spinner diameter and spacer length on the CTSW page on the E-props website the correct one?  I'm E-LSA now and thinking about switching the prop.

There is no spacer for a CT, the hub fits directly to the prop flange.  If you select the three Blade v20 Durendal prop for the CT it should be correct.  The exact prop part number is around here somewhere if you need it I can try to fish it out of my files.

Airtime Aviation has them in stock, at least they did a few weeks ago. You might check with them and see if they are competitive on price.

I made my own drive lug removal tool out of PVC tubing, and a quarter inch bolt, and I use my own prop pitch tool. Their prop pitch gauge is kind of cheap, but I guess it gets the job done. 

7 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

Airtime Aviation has them in stock, at least they did a few weeks ago. You might check with them and see if they are competitive on price.

..........and I use my own prop pitch tool. 

Tom,  can you tell what/how  you use ? thanks

You can easily use a 12" digital level you can buy at Ace Aviation. You can use it to level each blade and set the pitch by placing it on the back of the blade. This doesn't have to be hard or complicated. I teach this in my classes because Rotax doesn't.

32 minutes ago, Roger Lee said:

You can easily use a 12" digital level you can buy at Ace Aviation. You can use it to level each blade and set the pitch by placing it on the back of the blade. This doesn't have to be hard or complicated. I teach this in my classes because Rotax doesn't.

Yes.  And the e-Props tool is crap.

I've used the e-props tool successfully.  I now use a different method because it's faster, but to set the initial pitch the e-props tool is OK in my experience.

After that, it's faster to use a level to set the first blade, then measure from the tip to the floor and repeat that distance for subsequent blades. 

All an initial pitch does is set a reference point to adjust to achieve 5500 +- WOT.  e-Props uses the spinner backplate as a zero base.  It's as good as any.

From the initial pitch, use a digital protractor right on the back side of the blade and measure the difference from vertical.  It may well be 60 degrees or so.  I use where the titanium leading edge joins the blade so that I have a consistent point to take the pitch measurement.  Twist the blades until you get your desired WOT RPM.