Light Sport Repairman Inspection course

Bill3558

Sorry, service letter. Which isn't good enough to be honest.

SL-ASTM-CTLS-03

I first reported this discovery in 2014, and while rare, I'm not the only one that found these coming loose.

EDIT: I'm even dumber than I thought. This is for the jam nut on the teleflex cable. The one I am referring to is the bolt that goes on the bellcrank under the throttle block through the rod end of the teleflex cable.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:03 AM, Bill3558 said:

Is Rainbow Aviation the only folks that offer this 2 day class?  I cant find another source. Any suggestions appreciated. 

@Bill3558 I’m doing this one in September:

https://www.sportaviationspecialties.com/LSA_Repairman_Courses.htm

He still has openings and it’s not too far. I’m in the Charlotte area.

• 3 weeks later...

Rainbow put out this video a few weeks ago: 

I compiled my NPRM comment after watching it and using their list as a base. Right now, the MOSAIC NPRM only returns 14 hits for comments with LSRM and just 5 comments for LSRI, including some overlap in those too, so we definitely need to pile on if you want LSRM/LSRI to remain fully intact!

• 2 weeks later...

You can always pull cowlings at any time and do inspections to see if anything has

worked loose, leaks, carbs, hose clamps, hoses  wires, springs  I do it on a regular bases.

Hose clamps will settle after a while when installed new, check often and you will find they

need a little more atttention.