Blown Tires

EricB

Question:  Does anybody have any tire suggestions for the 4.00x6 (non-tundra) tires other than the Aeroclassics?  Those tires are decent, but I have noticed they wear faster than they used to (change of rubber compound I think), and yet their price has about doubled.  Just wondering if there are good alternatives.

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

My biggest complaint about the 4.00x6 6 ply Aeroclassic tires is the belt separation issue. I just replaced all three tires on a customer airplane because of knots where the belts are separating. 

Agreed, I've had two tires bulge on me over the years.  That and the fact they are harder to balance without excessive weight are my only serious complaints. 

• 2 weeks later...

One other point.  Does anyone have a jack or method to raise the blown tire side for replacement.  2 strong men under the wing has been my only recourse.  I'm not strong enough by myself so I'd like a viable one-man way to get this done.  I've measured and the distance from bottom of the strut to ground with the tire deflated is just over 2 inches - way to small for any jack I can find.

This has been a great thread - thanks to everyone.