Taxi/ Landing Light

tevbax

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I'm looking to replace the two landing light I have on my CT.
In France, no need to have something to land by night, it's strictly forbidden, so I'm looking for something to be see and not too expensive.
The previous owner modified the wheel fairings and added a light in each. I think it gives the machine a little something extra, and I'd like to keep it that way.

The actual system is halogen and not efficient at all (and heavy due to the thick lens in front of the halogen) and it consumes a lot of energy (with the motor on, voltage drops from 13,5V to 11,5V when you switch on the lights...).

I would like to go on something not too big like the light we can find on the hood.
Do you have a recommendation for me ? 

Thank you.

image.thumb.jpeg.e0c3e9ef28a9d95f9dabc4964f8d1967.jpeg

Ulmo133, on my 2006 CTsw, I replaced the halogen lamp on my cowling with an LED lamp that had the same footprint and the same connector.  You may be able to find a direct LED replacement for the halogen lamps on your airplane.

1 hour ago, Ulmo133 said:

Hello,

I'm looking to replace the two landing light I have on my CT.
In France, no need to have something to land by night, it's strictly forbidden, so I'm looking for something to be see and not too expensive.
The previous owner modified the wheel fairings and added a light in each. I think it gives the machine a little something extra, and I'd like to keep it that way.

The actual system is halogen and not efficient at all (and heavy due to the thick lens in front of the halogen) and it consumes a lot of energy (with the motor on, voltage drops from 13,5V to 11,5V when you switch on the lights...).

I would like to go on something not too big like the light we can find on the hood.
Do you have a recommendation for me ? 

Thank you.

Not sure what bulbs to have, but I bet there is a LED replacement bulb the could replace them. For most of the US airplanes Flight Design use a little MR16 bulb, and there is a LED replacement for them.

Thank you Tom.

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I wanted to remove the lens (which will also take some weight off the fairing) and possibly enlarge the hole to put a plate with leds.

What I don't know is what to start with because I don't need to take anything specific aeronautical insofar as I don't need it to see at night but to be seen when the conditions aren't right. But I don't know much about led.