Static port

swedishCT

Hey Guys

So I've just upfitted my old CTSW with a brand new Dynon HDX system. My CTSW is a so called "German version" with no factory installed static port. I'm thinking of resin 3d printing one. 

Could someone please send me some pictures of their static port and tell me where it's located on a CT? 

Thx alot!!!

You shouldn't manufacture your own static port, they're extremely sensitive devices. On flight designs, they have air dams as part of the design.

They're on the belly behind the gear leg station line a bit so installation will be a challenge as well because that's underneath the controls in the tunnel towards the tail.

Nothing that would be useful to you at this time. The photos I have are skin references that I take periodically so if I ever find something, I can see if it was already an issue or developing.

Really helps when you really see all the wrinkles in handbuilt airplanes under the right sunlight and need to see if it's always been there!

9 hours ago, swedishCT said:

Hey Jim

I looked though the discussion you mentioned above and I could only see some picture of the pitot tube and no images of the belly static port, am I missing something? 

Perhaps you could send me some pictures of yours belly static port?

Thx

The  pitot he installed has the static port in the pitot mast. Look at the little holes behind the head of the mast, they are for static air pressure. He disconnected the one in the belly. 

11 hours ago, swedishCT said:

Oh yeah I see them now, did not realize he was refering to the swap of his pitotube! As I mentioned above, I'm looking on installing a belly static port, not swaping the entire pitotube.

Honesty the pitot change to add the static port would be a better option than adding one on the belly. I personally think there is an issue with the location of the one on the belly. I often see as much as 50 foot jumps on altitude during run ups that I can only relate to issues with the static port location. 

Okey, does anyone know of a discussion on this forum on how to change the pitottube? How dose one remove the existing one from the wing? How is it attached to the wing? I'll study this option more carefully the next time I'm at the airfield, however it's always good the get a head start

I was afraid of that, you have the smaller pitot. The pitot we have been talking about is a slide out, slide in replacement for the larger Dynon pitot. Minus the extra plumbing. I'm not 100% certain for the smaller pitot, but the larger ones just slide out of the wing leading edge. It might be possible to make one to fit the smaller hole, if your regulations allow.

Okey, I understand. So I still belive it would be better/easier to install the belly port rather the trying to remove my existing pitottube and trying to modify the wing so that it would fit a larger pitot-static tube. The situation now is that I have a brand new HDX setup with NO static port since my CTSW is a so-called "German version".

1490584471_Screenshot_20230221_165439_MyCloud.thumb.jpg.8197bb901c80375a859ca30662b6f779.jpg

And therefore like to install this

2047312491_Screenshot_20230205_202140_MyCloud.thumb.jpg.e7d860fcd50edf6ccbde46daa6910986.jpg

This is what my setup used to be:

Sjjsjsjzjsjqjs.thumb.jpg.8396d5d393c9b366ef18d6255b438e89.jpg

And this is what it is today (sorry for the poor quality, its a screenshoot from a video, ill take a better one soon):

Screenshot_20230221_170653_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ec5b44e46ac06886177ea0d5180b083c.jpg

Is there no one out there that could send me an image of their belly static port and give me an approximate placement of it?